Saturday, November 22, 2008

A couple of major ideas...

- An Arduino [2009] mod that replaces the FTDI chip with an AT90USB AVR controller. Increases hackability and believe it or not, it's actually cheaper than the FTDI chip! Looking at it from these perspectives it's shocking that nobody's tried to build this yet, and if I/someone pulls it off I could easily see the mainstream Arduino [2009+/2010?] board adopting this.

So my plan is to hack it over my week-long vacation, put it on some forums and get feedback, and if it looks good, actually build it. The open specs of the Arduino are very helpful here, as I can directly edit the schematics and board design, keeping the rest of the design totally intact.

- A series of audio recorders, starting small and working my way up from there... possibly all the way into the professional domain. More later.

No comments: